Title: Chief Technology Officer
Location: GTA Home-Office
Industry: Internet/Social Enterprise
Employment Type: Part-Time
Job Function: Software / Data Architecture / Web Design
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for creating the Technology Strategy for the company. This is a part-time role today that could become a full-time opportunity for the right candidate. Having the right cultural fit is very important.
We need an experienced CTO who can design and drive the technology strategy for Somos. We are looking for a passionate technology entrepreneur. Someone who understands how to bring technology to market and can execute business objectives. A tech guru who can use technology to help the crowd achieve better and faster results. We need someone who can ensure the technology function will align and directly contribute to our organization’s business goals. If you are an expert in this field, if you are passionate about creating something from scratch and adding value to people around you, we would like to hear from you.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven ability translating ideas into technology products.
- Intimate understanding of Product Design, UX, CMS, and Information Architecture is a must.
- Ability to articulate with clarity and implement with certainty technology processes by defining how this will align and add value to business goals.
- Hands-on experience and clear understanding of software development.
- Proven experience leading large scale technology projects and objectives.
- Extensive experience in the Social Enterprise Space is a clear advantage.
- Professional degree, an MBA would be considered an asset.
- Strategic and conceptual thinker.
- Consensus builder.
- Ability to interpret strategy and execute effectively.
- Strong project management skills.
- Intimate understanding of open-innovation and value co-creation.
- Excellent communication, leadership and influencing skills.
- Strong business acumen and ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Comfortable engaging directly with other C-suite executives and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Experience working in a complex, dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Set the strategic direction for Technology in the Company by developing a Technology Blueprint and multi-year roadmap of strategic functional goals and projects, as part of the Company’s business strategy.
- Envision the role of Technology in the positioning of the business, and how it can best be used to achieve business goals; translate this vision into strategies, goals, and plans for the function.
- Articulate and implement the business value of Technology by defining how it will contribute to business goals, ensuring that plans and operating models are fully integrated with the business planning process.
- Design and direct the establishment and maintenance of Enterprise Architecture as framework for Somos enterprise, also advice on the IT strategy development and organizational change.
- Elaborate Technology long-term plan into short-term plan based on business priorities and recommend alternative for IT architecture to best suit local business model.
- Evaluate technology trends and developments for business opportunities and risks, and introduce strategies to capitalize on these opportunities and to mitigate risks.
- Define and manage the company’s Technology vision and structure as well as its strategic relationships with the business and external IT vendors
- Manage budget and resources so that the function is placed to deliver on its strategies: continuously look at ways to be more cost effective and improve efficiencies and service levels.
- Provide accurate and relevant reporting information relating to Somos’ Technology strategy and projects portfolio to Executive Management and Board of Directors on a monthly basis or as requested.
- Ensure the full spectrum of policies and practices within the sphere of Technology to comply with relevant legal and statutory requirements and meet principles of sound corporate governance.
- Design the organizational structure that will provide the right capabilities and resources within the function and perform people management cycles.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us an email at email@example.com letting us know why you feel that you are a good candidate for this role.